Mid Winter AGM and Social Night with a PAPO Life Membership to be Awarded - Tuesday 31st July
13 July 2018
It is just under 3 weeks until our Mid Winter AGM and Social evening . There will be something for everyone on the night so please come along and show your support for the Club. Highlights of the evening will include:
• PAPO's annual AGM 2017/18 along with the Presidents and Treasurers reports. Minutes from last years AGM attached. Agenda will be circulated closer to the 31st July.
• Presentation of Life membership to one long standing and well deserving member of PAPO. Come along and celebrate the fantastic work that this member has done for PAPO and New Zealand Orienteering.
• Presentation of Event of the Year. Prior to the evening we will ask you to vote for your favorite event over the previous 18 months... yup, 18 months think of it as a memory test... A prize is to be awarded on the night for a lucky voter- so be there and be in to win!
• At least one JWOC junior will have returned home from their campaign overseas. All of them are currently in Hungary working hard to do themselves and us proud. PAPO's representitives include Briana Steven, Marisol Hunter, Jo Lynch and Katie Cory-Wright. We wish them the best of luck for the remaining races. A quick look at the table after the sprint puts NZ at 14th out of the 36 teams. You can follow them here: or on the NZ Elite Orienteering Facebook they are putting up some pretty cool videos and posts.
• A short intermission including light refreshments (Tea, Coffee, Milo, cakes, Biscuits)
• And finally a quick Orienteering quiz is being organised by some of the juniors. Each junior will prepare a few questions each to test us all. Study up those legends and control descriptions!
The Community House, 301 Tuam Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011
Date: Tuesday 31st July
Time: From 7pm
And one final message....
Ever wondered what you can do to support the club and our juniors?
Prior to the AGM and Social Evening PAPO is hosting the NZ Secondary Schools Champs 19-21 July
We are on the lookout for some baking angels, so if you can spare some time to bake some goods (both sweet and savory) to sell at the NZSSOC Relay on Saturday 21st July (next Saturday) it would be much appreciated. This is to support our PAPO members (Ryan Moore, Kaia Jøergensen, Tom and Matt Harding) selected to go challenge the Australians in the Southern Cross Challenge this Sept/Oct.
Baking can be dropped off on the morning of the event anytime before Saturday 21st 7am. Just leave on porch at 49 Norwood Street, Beckenham and it will be taken to the event on Saturday morning.
Thank You PAPO Committee