March 17: Sprint Series Event 5 Opawa-Steiner Hansens Park
11 March 2015
Opawa-Steiner Hansens Park
- Tuesday 17th March
- Please park in Ford Road or Kitchener Road near Opawa school
- Registration from 5:30pm on Opawa School basketball court
- Starts from 6 pm – 7 pm - they are about 8 mins walk from the registration : go along Ford Road then turn left on to Hawford Road and follow this to the entrance of Hansens Park
- Finish - at the caravan on Opawa School basketball court
- Course closure 8 pm
- Nearest toilets are in Hansens Park near the start. Go before you arrive!
- Short beginner (1 – 1.5 km)
- Medium (approx 2 km)
- Long and challenging (approx 2.5 km)
- Senior (over 20) $12 per map (groups can run with one map)
- Junior (20 or younger) $6 per map (groups can run with one map)
- Sport ident hire – $3 (one per competitor or one per group to record your control visits)
As this is our last event we will be having a sausage sizzle and cake stall as a fundraiser for the Canterbury juniors who will go with the South Island rep orienteering team to Auckland in June. Please bring a few $ cash and enjoy their great baking and skilled sausage cooking!
Online registration available here. On the day registration will also be available.
There may also be another event or training opportunity for all at Rangiora High School, watch this space- www.papo.org.nz
Start getting your teams together for the South Island Schools Orienteering Festival on 18th and 19th April in the Christchurch region. (also on www.papo.org.nz)