Godley Head Score OY.
- Godley Head
- Event Type:
- Score OY
- Pat Bodger
- Kate Pedley
- Jonathan Hunt & Lisa Chubb
UPDATE 27/2/2021: The orienteering event at Godley Head for Sunday 28th February is going ahead following ONZ level 2 procedures.
Most importantly this means pre-entry using this link
The form will be monitored continuously on Sunday so you can enter at any time until 12:30pm but please enter at your earliest convenience.
Please follow the instructions below and please do not attend the event if you have been in Auckland within the last 3 days.
As per the ONZ recommendations, you must not come to the event if you fall into one of the following categories:
- If you are unwell at all.
- If you have been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 until you have completed the 14 day quarantine period, even if you are completely symptom free.
- If you have returned from any overseas country until you have completed the self-quarantine period for 14 days, even if you are symptom free.
- If you are undergoing COVID-19 testing, until you have received negative results and are symptom free.
- If you have been advised to stay at home by a health professional.
More detail of the changes to be implemented at events are listed below:
- As all entries will be online pre-entries and pre-payment, there is no need for registration on the day.
- Anyone who pre-pays and then cannot attend the event for any reason will be given a full refund.
- Water will NOT be provided at the event centre or on course, please bring your own water.
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Hire SI chips will be issued at the registration tent outside the caravan.
- Starts will be arranged in such a way to allow a minimum of one metre distance between competitors and from the starter.
- Competitors are recommended to punch controls without touching them.
- No results screen will be provided, please check the PAPO website and Winsplits for results following the event.
- We discourage people staying around to socialise after the event.
- Maps will be kept by competitors, and not shared.
- Download and return of hired SI chips will be at the caravan as usual.
Event format: The event will be in a score (rogaine) format, get the highest score you in a limited time. There is a 6 minute planning time and the option of a 90 minute event (for those that usually run red/orange courses) or 60 minutes (for those that usually run yellow/white and people new to orienteering).
There will be 40 controls on the course, choose up to 30 to make your route.
For beginner orienteers that usually run a white course, help will be available to plot a course around the white level controls.
Entries: Enter on the day
Travel directions: Godley Head carpark on Summit road, access via Evans Pass Road from Sumner. Allow good time to drive out - it's about 45 mins from town via Sumner.
Start location: Next to parking.
Registration: from 10am
Start times: 10.30am - 12.30pm
Finish times: 90 minutes after your start time.
Course closure: 2.30pm
Costs: Standard PAPO event costs apply See here.
Dogs: Sorry no dogs.
This event is part of the PAPO OY series, with OY points awarded to PAPO club members.